Friday, December 16, 2011

Television Gives Mom A Break

Post contributed by Josue Durham

I always planned on my child being smart. I wanted him to always read books and play with the educational toys. I wanted to avoid television because it was not challenging. At least that was the plan in the beginning. When reality set in, I have never been more thankful for my direct tv than I am now. I did not realize how difficult it can be to raise a child. There are some days I wish I was still working. I always thought being at home would be relaxing and easy, but that is far from the truth. Sometimes I think my child is plotting against me. I know it might sound crazy, but I really think that. The television has become my “coffee break”. When everything is non-stop, it is nice to be able to have a moment to myself. Currently I am able to get that when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on. I guess that means I am also very thankful to Walt Disney. I think I love Mickey more now than I did as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment