Friday, January 20, 2012

Carbon monoxide detectors and how important they are

The Author of this post is Cheryl Martinez

I am sure that you have probably seen the incredibly sad reports on the news about people who had suddenly died in their homes due to carbon monoxide poisoning. I recently saw a particularly sad story about a family of 5 with three little kids who had no heat in their house. They decided to bring in a natural gas style heater and placed it in the living room where they all slept together on the couches around the heater. They didn’t know it but the heater was putting off dangerous carbon monoxide. Unfortunately they didn’t have an carbon monoxidedetectors and they all perished in their home that night. This is a very sad story about a very preventable thing. I had an alarm system installed by home security Colorado and they actually installed carbon monoxide detectors all over the house. Now when I go to bed I never have to worry or wonder if there will be a problem because I know the alarm system will wake us up if there is a threat of carbon monoxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment